This job offer is closed
|Function type:||Freelance - Vast||Location:||Leuven|
Together with the Oracle DB team your responsibilities are:
- You do all actions that are necessary to keep the environment up and running (daily checks, proactive actions in case of technical changes in datacenter, …)
- Follow up security recommendations and minimize the operational risk
- You help the concerned teams with their operational issues : performance investigations, database stability, ...
- You are responsible to maintain all oracle frameworks developed. Those frameworks are used to perform oracle management and are written in Perl
- You work in the ecosystem which means you have to deal with all systems interfacing with the Oracle database (Centrify, UAC, Cyberark, VMWare, …)
- You are, together with the team, responsible for the life cycle management of the Oracle products.
o For the Oracle server package this includes : building, testing, rollout (using Bladelogic), communications, follow up Oracle version updates.
o For the end point packages this means describing the requirements to the end point packaging team, testing and following up package version updates.
- You are responsible for the backups and recovery of all data on the Oracle servers managed by the team
- You participate in projects, on technical or application level. We work in a SAFe (scaled agile framework) context , the changes are planned during PI planning.
o For projects on application level, you provide the necessary expert knowledge to the application team.
o This can include : best practices to configure the oracle system, support in the queries provided by the application team
- You are responsible for all actions necessary to perform capacity management.
- You help the application teams with their performance issues.
- You take the coordination with our Indian partner for operational issues and changes.
Necessary technical knowledge/experience:
- Sound knowledge of Oracle
- Active Perl knowledge : the ability to read, understand and debug existing code as well as write new code.
- Experience with performance troubleshooting
- Knowledge of the following components
o SQL Plus
o ODBC JDBC
o SQL Developer
- You have some experience in Linux (working knowledge)
- It is added value when you have knowledge of the following products
o Bladelogic .
are essential cookies that ensure that the website functions properly and that your preferences (e.g. language, region) are saved.
allow us to analyse website use and to improve the visitor's experience.
allow us to personalise your experience and to send you relevant content and offers, on this website and other websites.