|Function type:||Freelance - Vast||Location:||Brussels|
For one of our customers in the telecom business, we are looking for a junior Data Scientist to start asap.
• You will be part of the Marketing Analytics team that is responsible for the development of predictive models (Predictive Analytics) as well as advanced analyses on our customers (Segmentation, Profiling...). The team plays a central role in the CRM activities and enables the optimization of sales and care customer contacts in the entire customer lifecycle (acquisition, cross-sell, upsell, retention) with an effective Next Best Offer/Nest Best Treatment system.
• Identification of Business needs: You are the contact point for Marketeers/Customer Relationship Managers to advise them, translate their business questions into analytics requests and finally, transform this data into customer knowledge that will support business decisions.
• Data Preparation: Organization and extraction – mainly via SQL - of the databases (from the Customers Datawarehouse) required to perform these analyses. You maintain the necessary contacts with the data architects and the DataWarehouse team so that you understand the underlying data flows for your-analyses
• Modelling: You will either use a Data Science tool (designed for Citizen Data Scientists) or more advanced AI techniques in open source (Python).
• Operationalization: The models you develop must be operational, i.e. they must be refreshed regularly (daily, monthly) in order to be used in our sales applications.
• Presentation: You interpret the results of your work and formulate conclusions/recommendations that you discuss in multifunctional teams. You prepare and deliver compelling management presentations..
• You work according to the Customers standards, policies and procedures. You work independently and develop work plans.
• University degree in Economics, Business Management, Mathematics, Engineering... or equivalent work experience with specialized training/certification
• +/- 5 years of experience in data science (propensity modelling, segmentations, machine learning, …) Strong knowledge of SQL (Teradata/Oracle) used in major Datawarehouse environment, Microsoft Excel, Microstrategy or Power BI
• Knowledge of Python (for Advanced analytical algorithms) and Big Data.
• Knowledge of the ICT industry and of marketing functional area is a plus
• You are dynamic, flexible and proactive
• Team player and good communicator, ability to synthetize
• Positive & constructive mindset and result-orientation
• Able to work independently and manage own time effectively, working on several projects at the same time
Dutch and/or French and English
are essential cookies that ensure that the website functions properly and that your preferences (e.g. language, region) are saved.
allow us to analyse website use and to improve the visitor's experience.
allow us to personalise your experience and to send you relevant content and offers, on this website and other websites.