|Function type:||Freelance - Vast||Location:||Brussels|
Are you passionate about new technologies, like Big Data & IoT’s?
Are you passionate about the industrialisation of new technologies?
Do you have a solid understanding of the Big Data, IoT and 5G challenges in the market?
Are you an expert in devices and do you have the gift to find the right sensor for each solution or application?
Are you creative, solution minded, entrepreneurial, and customer oriented?
This might be your perfect job!
We look for a Product and Solution manager for Devices and 5G solutions to join our team.
Who are we?
Our department is located within the Enterprise Business Unit (EBU). Within our department “Applications, Things and Analytics (ATA)”, we are building innovative solutions within the domain of IoT, big data, safe cities and new communication technologies for different industries (Retail, Industry automation, Smart Building, Transport and Utilities).
We are also in charge of developing new 5G solutions with the following focus domains: camera, drones, AR/VR, industry automation and secured communication
As device specialist, you will be responsible together with your ATA colleagues to provide all components required to build professional solutions on time, in line with your device strategy and budget and with the right functionalities.
As a member of the department ATA, you will support the sales process of our E2E solutions and therefore be co-responsible for the total revenues and direct margin of our department ATS.
As 5G solution developer, you will be responsible together with a cross departmental team (ATA and Mobile teams) to develop 5G solutions running on public of private (MPN) networks. You will also be the EBU lead to develop 5G solutions on our 5G Innovation Platform.
• You will define a consistent and customer oriented strategy for devices
• You will define and defend the budget to achieve your device strategy
• You are responsible for the execution of your strategical plan and the documentation
• You will support other cross-functional programs related to devices (e.g. Simplification) and will defend our ATA needs
• Together with other colleagues within our matrix organisation, you will translate the ATA strategy into an operational tactical approach (budget, launch plan, testing of devices…)
• You will define, communicate and coordinate everything internally (e.g. with the industry responsibles for retail, utilities, connected vehicles, smart building etc…) and externally to get all the support needed
• Your are capable of understanding and analysing technical documentation about devices and to analyse and solve technical issues in close contact with our external vendors
• You are co-responsible for the integration of the devices on our platform MyThings (incl. coding if possible)
• Your realise and manage your operational and financial plan
• You look for new partners and negotiate with external vendors to find the most suited devices for each solution
• Your are in close contact with the technical teams and your direct colleague Product Manager Connectivity (LoRa, NB-IOT…) to garanty the best coverage versus the lowest cost
• You maximize the usage of all devices to decrease the costs
As an active member of the matrix, you are a team player with strong communication skills:
• In the industrialisation phase, you are ready when need to be hands on
• You have the spirit to be both strategical as well as operational to build plans and execute them
• You follow closely your domain of expertise and share your info with the team in order to find new opportunities
• You are customer orientated and therefore understand the concept of defining customized solutions linked to specific customer challenges (customer facing in direct contact with customers in the presales phase and troubleshooting phase)
• You are analytical and solution oriented
• You have good negotiation skills both with internal/external contacts
• You are open for project management tasks
Education level & general experience
• University degree (or assimilated level)
• You have min 5 years’ experience in product or solution management linked to IoT (devices, connectivity like LoRa or other)
• You have a deep understanding of the market at large en a profound business experience, preferably in large or medium size enterprises.
• You own good knowledge of ICT technologies, devices and related ecosystems, and you have a good view on the evolution of telecommunications and IT.
• You can convince others based on relevant research.
• You have organization talent and an analytical and synthetic mind.
• You are proactive and results-oriented.
• You have entrepreneurial and proactive spirit with a real can do attitude.
are essential cookies that ensure that the website functions properly and that your preferences (e.g. language, region) are saved.
allow us to analyse website use and to improve the visitor's experience.
allow us to personalise your experience and to send you relevant content and offers, on this website and other websites.